Get set for a peak Hudson Bay Pow Day
Like Our Facebook Page
#SkiNorthBC welcomes winter travellers into communities across B.C.’s north to make the most of your experiences. Tag us with #SkiNorthBC to see what’s in store for you. Your adventures may be featured on our social media feeds.
Hudson Bay is noted as an “ultra prominent peak,” best viewed from the small alpine town in its shadows - Smithers. The city residents are embraced by 360 degrees mountain views, and some of the best backcountry you could ask for.
Seven Smithers Secrets
- Cold Smoke on the north side of the resort is a perfect steep and deep run filled with amazing snow.
- Looking for glades? A true locals favourite is the "Seven Sisters Glades." You get perfectly spaced trees and fresh pow the whole way down!
- Hudson Bay Resort is home to one of the biggest parks in Northern B.C.
- Use the Mountain Bus Express for only $5 to get to and from the mountain.
- When the ski-out is open, it's definitely worth the ride out for the views and camaraderie of simply being able to ski to town.
- You've got to check out the awesome local vibes at Bulkley Valley Brewing, Dave's smile radiates and makes you feel welcome.
- And don't forget to stop by the BugWood Cafe in the morning to get your locally roasted coffee.
When You Go
Pre-book with Adventure Camp for your ride back into town after skiing down to Smithers.
Tourism Smithers and Hudson Bay Mountain Resort make it easy to ski this season with their Ski and Stay website, home to ski and stay packages.
Learn more about what B.C. has in store for you this winter, search #SkiNorthBC
For more on the terrain at Hudson Bay, check out its trail map
Smithers is home to a convenient airport, with car rental options on site.
Like this story? Make sure to Tweet it.